Women in Engineering Living Learning Community (WiE LLC)
Open to first-year students in the College of Engineering, including Computer Science, Data Science, and Physics.
Our aim is to provide you with resources for all facets of college life. The WiE LLC provides valuable support while promoting achievement, academic engagement, and independence.
The College of Engineering invites you to be part of a unique community that will:
- provide undergraduate engineering students a high-quality academic and social experience led by an engineering resident peer mentor, under the guidance of a Faculty Advisor
- empower you to build strong academic and personal connections with
peers, faculty, and professionals
- reside in the new first-year residence hall, the most modern living facility
on campus, opening in fall 2020
Students interested in living in this community should indicate their preference on UMassD's housing application.
2019-2020 WiE LLC Events
- straw tower competition
- catapult design
- air-powered cars races
- Rube Goldberg machines
- review sessions for calculus, engineering, and chemistry
- vision boards
- pumpkin painting
- mason jar candles
- gingerbread houses
- paint nights
- bath bombs
- Women in Defense networking
- ice cream sundaes with the Dean
- guest speakers
- workshops focused on resumes, finding an internship, building a social media presence
WiE LLC Peer Mentor Position
As a WiE LLC Peer Mentor, you will:
- Get paid to live and work with first-year engineers
- Be part of a unique opportunity to develop a community that benefits all involved
- Enhance your skills in listening, communication, and leadership
Apply today if you have a minimum 2.700 cumulative GPA, a major class standing of sophomore or above, familiar with campus, academic, and support resources within the College of Engineering, exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, and have an ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team setting.