Learning happens in many settings, not just the classroom. Take advantage of all UMassD has to offer and gain a real-world context to your education. So get involved in undergraduate research, internships, and study abroad. It is never too early to start and these opportunities will help to build your résumé for future employment.
We make referrals to UMassD’s Career Center for services such as:
- individualized coaching around internships, co-op and job-seeking skills
- resumé writing, interviewing, networking
- workshops & job fairs
- recruitment interviews with regional & national organizations
- online information tools
An internship is an integral part of engineering education. Professional learning experiences in industry and government let you to apply classroom learning to real-world situations. They can help you:
- acquire professional experience
- discover your interests within your major
- develop practical engineering skills and judgement
- explore the types of employment available in the field
- build resume credentials
- enhance career and graduate school potential
Most majors within the College of Engineering allows students to earn and apply up to three credits for their internship experience as EGR 490. These credits must be pre-approved and more information is available on our Internship & Co-op page.
- promotes a lifelong love of learning and creative activity
- encourages the spirit of community responsibility
- enables you to undertake original research or creative work in your chosen field
- prepares you for graduate study and/or professional employment
If you're interested in the honors college within engineering, contact center staff for more information.
The Center can provide information regarding study abroad programs available to engineering students.