Beginning June 1, the Registrar’s Office will be physically closed due to an office renovation project and most staff will be working remotely during this time. For best assistance, please submit an inquiry or call 508-999-8615. If you are physically on the Dartmouth campus, please visit the Student Service Center in the Foster Administration lobby for further assistance.
Southeastern Association for Cooperation in Higher Education in Massachusetts (SACHEM) is a program which allows eligible full-time students to cross-register in courses at these institutions:
- Bridgewater State University
- Bristol Community College
- Cape Cod Community College
- Dean College
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Massasoit Community College
- Stonehill College
- University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth
- Wheaton College
- Students may cross-register for up to two courses a semester at any of the SACHEM institutions on a space-available basis.
- To qualify, a student must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student and be in good standing at their home institution.
- Cross-registration is only available during the fall and spring semesters.
- Each institution reserves the right to restrict cross-registration and may have courses not eligible for enrollment under SACHEM.
- Tuition is covered within the students' full-time tuition charge at the Home institution; students are responsible for any additional fees when applicable (check with the Host institution).
- Students are held to the add/drop/withdrawal and grading deadlines and policies of the Host institution.
- By completing the cross-registration request, students authorize the Host institution to send the Home Institution Registrar a final transcript at the end of the semester of enrollment.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office(s) of the Host institution(s) for information on course offerings.
- Complete the cross-registration form, ensuring any required approvals are received. Additional course information may be required, such as a course description or syllabus, before approving your selection.
- Return the signed form to the Home institution Registrar.
- The Home institution Registrar will send the form to the SACHEM coordinator of the Host institution, who will determine if there is space in the course, and identify any additional procedures required to complete registration. The Host institution will send a signed copy of the form back to the Home institution.
- Once a final transcript is received from the Host institution, the course(s) will be posted on the Home institution’s transcript as transfer credit*.
*Courses will transfer according to the transfer policy of the Home institution.
Visit: Student Forms for the SACHEM Registration Form