The UMass Dartmouth School of Education has a long history of educating fine teachers who have dedicated their lives to the profession. You'll find our graduates teaching in middle school, high school and higher education, as well as serving in leadership positions in education, agencies, and businesses committed to academic excellence.
Master’s Degrees and Licensures
The School of Education offers these programs:
- Middle and Secondary Education Accelerated Masters – complete undergraduate coursework at UMass Dartmouth and start earning your Master’s of Arts Teaching with Initial License
- Master of Arts Teaching with Initial License - earn an initial teaching license and a master's degree in teaching
- Master of Arts Teaching with Professional Licensure - advance your current license and earn your Masters of Arts in Teaching
Content Areas for Licensure
Art & Music Degrees and Licensures in Teaching
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) offers undergraduate programs in music and art education and a Master of Art Education. Note: the CVPA undergraduate art and music education programs do not offer a 4+1 option.
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (EdD or PhD) – learn to be a leader through teaching, scholarly research, and community engagement
- Mathematics Education (PhD) - pursue cutting-edge research and reform-based teaching and learning in mathematics education.
- Certificate Program in English as a Second Language - learn to support second language speakers in your classroom
- Special Education Focus: complete coursework requirement and add a Moderate Disabilities endorsement to your license.