icon of a paper next to Apply online text
open door next to gray writing "Visit"

 Student Employment

Welcome to the Student Employment Office web site. The Student Employment Office provides services related to Federal Work-Study and other on-campus employment. We have developed our web site to assist students, staff and off-campus Federal Work-Study employers in obtaining employment related information. Please read the Overview information to get a better idea of how our office works.

Student Employment Overview

The Student Employment Office works with currently enrolled degree students to assist them with employment, either through the Federal Work-Study program or on-campus non work-study. We are open from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Click Here for detailed information on student employment eligibility criteria.

How to Find a Job

Thank you for inquiring about finding a job on campus. 

Federal Work-Study is awarded to students who complete the FAFSA by the March 1st priority deadline and also have the financial need.  If you are eligible for federal work-study it will be part of your financial aid package. You can find this by checking your COIN account under Financial Aid Award.  If you have not been awarded Federal Work-Study, you are still eligible for a non-work-study job.  

Students need to apply for and find a job on their own.  You can search for both federal work-study and non-work-study job postings online by selecting the appropriate job type on our student job search webpagehttp://www1.umassd.edu/financialaid/studentemp/listings/ .  You can narrow the search criteria as much as you like.  By clicking on the job number, you will see more details about the position and how to contact the supervisor to apply.  It is always helpful if you have a resume or letter of introduction ready to send. 

As there are more students looking for jobs than jobs, it is highly recommended that you try to line up a job before you arrive at school.  Many departments begin posting their jobs during the summer and hire students during the summer and first few weeks of school.  Please check the job search often as new positions will be added all summer.  You can also contact any department that you wish to work for directly to inquire if they are hiring students.

First time employed students must submit hiring forms and additional documents and ID's in person to the Student Employment Office. Additional information about both Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Non Work-Study (NWS) employment including the additional forms required, deadlines and deferments, go to 2014-2015 New Student Employment Information located on the Student Employment FORMS page.

The first thing you should do when you come to campus is come to the Financial Aid Office to pick up a Hiring Form, W-4 & I-9.  You will complete and sign the student section of the hiring form. When you find a job, your supervisor will then complete the department section.  You will then submit to Student Employment the completed Hiring Form, W-4, I-9 along with required IDs.  We will then process your paperwork, payroll will notify your supervisor when you can begin working.     

Should you not locate a job prior to school beginning, the Career Development Center sponsors a Work, Serve & Intern Fair that will be held Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 1-4 p.m. at the Woodland Commons Center.

Contact Information

Student Employment Office
Financial Aid Services
Foster Administration Building, Room 105
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747

Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday

Telephone: 508-999-8647
Fax: 508-999-8935

Student Employment Coordinator:
Maryjane McManus


The Student Employment Office is located with Financial Aid Services directly off of Parking Lot 7 in the Foster Administration Building, Room 105.