Equipment & facilities
The Physics Department has a wide array of facilities and equipment, including computer work stations, optics lab, lasers, and a fully equipped observatory. Students also have the opportunity to accompany faculty members who are conducting research at national science facilities.
The department offers students the use of a state-of-the art 16" Meade computer-controlled telescope—the largest computerized telescope in southeastern Massachusetts.
- Introductory Physics Laboratory featuring Vernier Equipment
- Advanced Physics Laboratory for Electronics and Modern Physics
- Computational Physics Laboratory
- Optics Laboratory featuring ThorLabs - Quantum Optics Kit, Quantum Cryptography Kit, Quantum Eraser Demonstration, Bomb Tester Demonstration, Spectrometer Kit, and Michelson Interferometer Kit
- HPC resources shared with CSCDR