Explanation of invoice
How tuition and fees are calculated
Undergraduate tuition and fees are based on an assumption of full-time status (12 or more credits). If you are taking fewer than 12 credits, the charges can be prorated. Please contact the Student Service Center for the correct charges. Graduate and non-degree tuition and fees are based on actual course registration.
Student health insurance
All students should either enroll in or waive the insurance by the due date indicated on the student invoice.
- All students who have not enrolled in or waived the University health insurance plan by the due date of the bill will have a registration hold placed on their accounts.
- Students with appropriate coverage, who do not waive coverage by the waiver date, will be charged for insurance.
If you have successfully completed the online waiver of the insurance, deduct the insurance charge from the total due if that charge appears on your invoice.
If you have any questions about the insurance coverage offered, contact Health Services: 508.999.8982.
In addition to the tuition charge, the following fees are mandatory and are listed on your invoice.
- Student Activity Fee: supports all student groups, student publications and various other student-related activities.
- Technology Fee: This fee supports the technology infrastructure and educational environment necessary to meet the technological demands of the UMass Dartmouth community.
The following additional fees are either optional or assessed on an individual basis:
MassPirg Fee: MASSPIRG is a statewide, student-directed, student-funded organization that advocates on behalf of students on issues such as affordable higher education, public health, and the environment. UMassD students have voted to fund a MASSPIRG chapter on campus through this waivable fee. Please note that this waivable fee does not reflect the University of Massachusetts Trustees endorsement.
Students who do not wish to be charged this fee must complete the online waiver process in COIN using the waivable fees link on the Student Center Page.
International Student Fee: This fee is to support the infrastructure required to maintain University compliance requirements for the admission, enrollment, and retention of international students.
Program and course-specific fees: the fees listed below cover costs directly associated with the delivery of instruction:
- Honors College Fee
- Arts & Sciences Major Fee (Education)
- Arts & Sciences Major Fee (Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Arts & Sciences Major Fee (Sciences)
- Charlton Business Major Fee
- Engineering Major Fee
- Nursing Major Fee
- School of Marine Science & Technology Fee (SMAST)
- Visual & Performing Arts Major Fee
- Applied Music Fee
- Nursing Exam Preparation Fee
- Nursing MLS Major Fee
- Nursing Software License Fee
- Student Teaching Practicum Fee
- Orientation fee: New freshmen, new transfer students, and new international students are assessed a fee that supports the orientation program.
- Semester Transcript Fee: Charged each semester to non-degree students who enroll in courses.
- Transcript fee: This one-time fee (if it appears on your invoice) provides lifetime transcripts at no charge.
- Graduation fee: The Graduation Fee helps to offset costs attributed to student services applicable to undergraduate and graduate students. This fee is a one-time fee that is assessed to all students the first semester of their final year, regardless of whether or not they intend to graduate the following semester.
- Alumni fee: This fee provides you with a one-year membership in the Alumni Association. Any senior not wishing to participate in the association must complete the on-line waiver process in COIN using the waivable fee link on the Student Center Page.
You must contact us about any special circumstances that might affect the full payment of your invoice. Only students who have been cleared either through direct payments, a UMassD payment plan, third-party agencies, or financial aid awards will be allowed to participate in the add/drop process.
If you have any questions regarding the eBill, please contact the Student Service Center.