The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department offers:
- excellent undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs
- opportunity to earn a 5-year BS/MS
- dual undergraduate major in electrical and computer engineering
- faculty who are involved in cutting-edge research—and who are dedicated teachers
- small class sizes
- well-equipped labs and facilities
- valuable hands-on professional experiences
- internships, co-op, and year-long senior design projects
- research opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
Students may join the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), a professional society with a student branch in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Qualified students can join the Zeta Xi Chapter of Eta Kappa Nu, the Electrical and Computer Engineering National Honor Society.
The computer engineering and the electrical engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Celebrating the achievements of our students:
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth provides students with a universally recognized undergraduate and graduate education in electrical and computer engineering, develops new ideas and technologies deployed around the world, and prepares its graduates to be vital contributors to the economic growth of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the nation, and beyond.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth will continue to provide outstanding undergraduate and graduate education driven by excellence in teaching and research.
The department has its roots in the predecessor institutions of Bradford Durfee College of Technology in Fall River and New Bedford Institute of Technology.