Skip to main content.

VA Web Resources

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

The Department of Veterans Affairs site contains information regarding veterans benefits and eligibility requirements. Some highlights include education benefits, home loans, life insurance, health care, VA infrastructure/ politics information.

Veterans Affairs (VA)

Veterans Affairs: Official GI Bill® website

A guide for those eligible for the GI Bill, which provides educational assistance to service members, veterans, and their dependents. The site features information on payment rates, VA forms, electronic application for benefits, education benefit programs, web based verification, and toll-free numbers for VA program information.

GI Bill website

Massachusetts Department of Higher Education: Veterans Education

The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education's site dedicated to information for veterans.

Department of Higher Education: Veterans Education

National Guard Benefits

Massachusetts Army National Guard homepage.

National Guard Benefits

MGIB Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)

Students may use this site to verify monthly enrollment status once their attendance has been certified by the UMassD VA representative. The site also offers individual benefit status information, certified periods of enrollment, and recent direct deposit information.

MGIB Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)

VA Online Application for Educational Benefits

Veterans may use this site to apply for many VA benefits, including educational ones such as the Montgomery GI Bill.

VA Online Application for Educational Benefits

Official Military Education Transcripts

The decision to accept military education credits is based upon department approval.

Students should request that transcripts be sent directly to:

UMass Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747
Attn: Registrar’s Office, Admin. 116

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Back to top of screen