The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (PBC) in Visual Design allows students to develop their work in various design fields, including illustration, graphic design, animation, and game arts. The program is designed for students seeking to strengthen their applications to graduate school, expand their knowledge base to become more marketable in the field, or pursue creative projects under the mentorship of faculty and designers working in the area.
The 18-credit hour PBC program can assist you as you enter professional practice and/or prepare you to apply to MFA degree programs.
- have full use of studio facilities
- attend visiting artist lectures
- participate in all media area activities/topic-based seminars
Regularly scheduled critiques occur, and a comprehensive show of studio work will be presented upon completion.
Visual Design PBC students take 9 credits per semester.
- ART 508 (Portfolio Intensive I) - 6 credits
- ART 505 (Graduate Seminar) - 3 credits
- ART 509 (Portfolio Intensive II) - 6 credits
- ART 585 (Independent Study) - 3 credits
Should a PBC student be accepted into the UMass Dartmouth MFA program, the relevant PBC credits can count toward the MFA degree.
Changes to Graduate Studies admission requirements
In response to the COVID‐19 pandemic, admission requirements for graduate degree and certificate programs may have changed.
Learn more about changes to requirements
- a statement of purpose
- official transcripts of all post-secondary education
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Submit your application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies
- Submit your portfolio (10 images) to Slideroom