Skip to main content.

Billing information

Frequently asked questions about student billing. For additional information, please contact the University Enrollment Center.

Billing Information FAQ

How does UMassD process their student billing?

UMass Dartmouth utilizes the eBilling process for student invoices. No paper invoices are mailed to students. An email message is sent to the UMass Dartmouth email account of all students when their invoice has been generated. At that time, students need to log into their COIN account to view, print or email their student invoice.

What are the due dates for student bills?

Bills for the fall semester will be generated in July and are due mid-August. Bills for the spring semester will be generated in early January. Actual due dates are reflected on student invoices.

What happens if I cannot pay my bill by the due date?

Failure to meet the due date will result in a $50 late fee and may jeopardize your course registration and/or housing status.  Should you fall into certain financial difficulties, please call the University Enrollment Center at 508.999.8857 to inquire about other financial aid or payment plan options.

Can my Parent/Guardian access my student account information?

Students are able to grant access for specified functions to parents, guardians, employers, spouses or other involved individuals within their Student Center in COIN. These functions include viewing student invoices, waiving health insurance and making a payment as well as other student records activities such as viewing grades. For more information, please refer to the Help tab on the portal homepage under "Coin for Students" or visit

How can I enroll in or waive the school's health insurance plan?

Students are required to enroll in or waive the university health insurance plan using the student self service system COIN. All students who have not either enrolled in or waived the university health insurance plan by the due date of the bill will have a registration hold on their account. For more information, please refer to the Help tab on the portal homepage under "Coin for Students" or see the Online Health Insurance Process

How can I use the private scholarships I have received toward my tuition and fees?

Copies of scholarship award letters need to be sent to both the Financial Aid and Bursar's Offices so that scholarships can be applied to the student's account.  All scholarship checks should be sent to the Bursar's Office.  The checks should be made payable to UMass Dartmouth with the student name and student ID.Private scholarships are a form of financial aid and therefore any scholarships received may cause existing financial aid packages to be adjusted. Any questions concerning the handling of private scholarships, please contact the Bursar's Office at 508.999.8088.

How can payments be made?

Payment types can be viewed here. Payment Options at UMass Dartmouth

Is there a monthly payment plan?

Yes, we offer the TMS Monthly Budget Payment Plan.  Making a monthly payment is an easy, straight-forward way to pay for education.  TMS has helped over one million families pay all or part of their educational expense in equal monthly payments.  TMS is available for the spring, summer and fall terms. TMS applications are typically mailed to students in the fall. You can also register for the TMS monthly payment plan or call 1.800.722.4867.

What are the costs for tuition, fees, and housing?

What do I do if I don't want to pay the waivable fees?

Students who do not wish to be charged this fee must complete the online waiver process in COIN using the waivable fees link on the Student Center page.

Why doesn’t my invoice change after I make a payment or waive the health insurance?

The invoice is a snapshot of the charges due on the date the invoice was generated.  For an updated balance, you must view your account summary.  The account summary provides you with detailed, up-to-date account information.

Why am I unable to open up the invoice or account summary links?

Are your pop up blockers turned off?  If not, turn them off and try again.  If you are still having trouble, contact the LC Help Desk at (508)999-8884.