Welcome to the Department of Psychology
Psychology is a dynamic and diverse field. At its core is the scientific exploration of human behavior. At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, faculty members in psychology study a variety of topics, from the highly theoretical to highly applied research, such as how friendships are formed, how adults age successfully over the lifespan, individual differences, health behaviors, criminal behavior and the law, and how to manage chronic pain and stress, among others. Other faculty members are involved in the application of the scientific knowledge to mental health and are leaders in the mental health community of southeastern Massachusetts, bringing that expertise to the classroom.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
- Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Arts (MA) in Research Psychology
- Combined BA/MA Program in Psychology
- Pre-Professional Certificate in Mental Health
For Fall 2023, consider the Community Companions Program