UMass Dartmouth faculty Pamela Karimi
PAMELA KARIMI: Selected Recent Work
Book and edited volumes:
Other Recent Publications:
- “Of Cultural Diplomacy and ‘Culture Games’: Curating Non-Western Art,” in ArtMargines(MIT Press, 2014).
- “Weapons of the Resilient: A Postscript to ‘She Who Tells a Story: Women Photographers from Iran and the Arab World,’” in Jadaliyya (March 2014).
- “Old Sites, New Frontiers: Contemporary Architecture in Iran,” A Critical History of Contemporary Architecture, edited by Ellie Haddad (Ashgate, forthcoming in 2014).
- “Secular Dometicities, Shiite Modernities: Khomeini’s Illustrated Tawzih-al Masai’l,” in Rhetoric of the Image: Visual Culture in the Modern Middle East, edited by Christiane Gruber and Sune Haugbølle (Indiana University Press, 2013).
- “Dwelling, Dispute, and the Space of Modern Iran,” in Governing by Design: Architecture and Crisis from Modernization to Sustainability, edited by Arindam Dutta, Daniel Abramson, and Timothy Hyde (Pittsburgh University Press, 2012).
- “Imagining Warfare, Imaging Welfare: Tehran's Post Iran-Iraq War Murals and their Legacy.” Persica: Uitgave van het Genootschap Nederland-Iran (Brill, 2008).
- Iran Heritage Foundation Fellowship at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, January 2015-June 2015.
- Green Award for a Faculty Member, UMass Dartmouth, April 2014.
- The UMASS President's Creative Economy Initiatives Fund (with Thomas Stubblefield), 2012.
- Shortlisted for the Susan and Donald Newhouse External Faculty Fellowship, Wellesley College, 2011.
- Honorable Mention Citation, Best Ph.D. Dissertation of the Year on a Topic of Iranian Studies, Foundation for Iranian Studies, 2010.
- American Council of Learned Societies, 2008- 2009.
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation, 2007-2008.
- Social Science Research Council, International Dissertation Field Research Fellowship, 2006- 2007.