UMass Dartmouth faculty Pamela Karimi
PAMELA KARIMI: Recent Work
Selected Scholarly Presentations:
Book and edited volumes:
- “Old Sites, New Frontiers: Contemporary Architecture in Iran,” A Critical History of Contemporary Architecture, edited by Ellie Haddad (Ashgate, forthcoming in 2014).
- “Secular Dometicities, Shiite Modernities: Khomeini’s Illustrated Tawzih-al Masai’l,” in Rhetoric of the Image: Visual Culture in the Modern Middle East, edited by Christiane Gruber and Sune Haugbølle (Indiana University Press, 2013).
- “Dwelling, Dispute, and the Space of Modern Iran,” in Governing by Design: Architecture and Crisis from Modernization to Sustainability, edited by Arindam Dutta, Daniel Abramson, and Timothy Hyde (Pittsburgh University Press, 2012).
- “Imagining Warfare, Imaging Welfare: Tehran's Post Iran-Iraq War Murals and their Legacy.” Persica: Uitgave van het Genootschap Nederland-Iran (Brill, 2008).
- Iran Heritage Foundation Fellowship in Iranian Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London (January 2015-June 2015).
- 2014 Green Award for a Faculty Member, UMass Dartmouth, April 2014.
- The 2012 UMASS President's Creative Economy Initiatives Fund (with Thomas Stubblefield).
- Shortlisted for the Susan and Donald Newhouse External Faculty Fellowship, Wellesley College, 2011.
- Honorable Mention Citation, Best Ph.D. Dissertation of the Year on a Topic of Iranian Studies, Foundation for Iranian Studies, 2010.
- American Council of Learned Societies, 2008- 2009.
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation, 2007.
- Social Science Research Council, International Dissertation Field Research Fellowship, 2006- 2007.