The graduate certificate in Computer Systems is offered jointly by the departments of Computer and Information Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Upon completion of this certificate program, participants will have gained:
- knowledge of tools, techniques, and theory associated with computer systems performance assessment
- understanding of computer architectures and their trade-offs
- breadth of knowledge in computer systems software
- understanding of fundamental issues associated with computer systems engineering
The certificate also offers a route into UMassD's MS programs in Computer Engineering or in Computer Science.
Each certificate requires 15 credits of graduate course work with a focus on database systems, operating systems, networks, and performance evaluation.
Changes to Graduate Studies admission requirements
In response to the COVID‐19 pandemic, admission requirements for graduate degree and certificate programs may have changed.
Learn more about changes to requirements
Applicants follow the general procedures for graduate degree acceptance into the master's degree program, but in an abbreviated form.
Apply and submit all required application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Statement of purpose: minimum 300 words
- Official transcripts: from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)