The Software Development & Design certificate program is offered by Department of Computer and Information Science. The program includes courses in the development of parallel and distributed systems, system specification and design, and paradigmatic software development.
You will gain:
- knowledge of tools, techniques, and theory associated with software development
- understanding and breadth of knowledge of software engineering
- understanding of fundamental issues associated with software engineering of parallel and distributed software systems
The certificate program also serves as a path to master's degree programs in computer science at UMassD.
The 5 courses required for the certificate are compatible with MS degree requirements for Computer Science, enabling you to transition to a degree program without loss of credits.
Prospective students can take up to 2 courses for the certificate before completing their official acceptance to the certificate program, with permission of the instructor.
Applicants are required to hold an appropriate undergraduate degree such as a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or BS in other closely related disciplines.
Applicants follow the general procedures for graduate degree acceptance into the master's degree program, but in an abbreviated form.
Apply and submit all required application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Statement of purpose: minimum 300 words
- Official transcripts: from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)