Embodying the culturally diverse communities of UMass Dartmouth, this Diversity Calendar, sourced from the UMass President’s Office Diversity Calendar serves as a resource to the campus community and provides information related to holidays, traditional observances, and major days of religious significance.
Faculty and staff may use this information to aid with the development of a class syllabus, planning for examinations, special programs, events and activities, or however it may be helpful. Many students, faculty, staff host events related to these observances. Please explore the University events calendar and engage with the breadth of experiences of the UMass Dartmouth community.
As this calendar is updated annually, every effort is made to ensure the information is as accurate as possible. If the calendar does not include a significant date of your religious or cultural tradition, please contact the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at 508-999-8810.
- National Guide Dog Month
- Labor Day - September 4
- Krishna Janmashtami (Hindu) - September 6 to September 7
- Rosh Hashanah (Jewish)- September 15 to September 17
- Hispanic, Latino, and Latinx Heritage Month - September 15 to October 15
- Mexican Independence Day - September 16
- International Week of the Deaf - September 18 - September 24
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day - September 18
- International Day of Peace - September 21
- International Day of Sign Languages - September 23
- Yom Kippur (Jewish) - September 24
- Eid Milad ul-Nabi (Muslim) - September 26 to September 27
- Sukkot (Jewish) - September 26 to October 6
- National Day of Remembrance for Indian Boarding Schools - September 30