Skip to main content.

Per the UMass General Counsel's Office, the ISSC is no longer providing visitor support letters. If you would like to request a graduation letter, please email the Registrar's Office at


Optional Practical Training (OPT) eform

 When applying for 12 month post completion OPT, use the above link to upload all of your documentation.  Please read  the CPT & OPT information for further instructions to apply for OPT.  The ISSC is no longer accepting paper OPT applications.

F-1 Transfer Out Instructions - eform 

F-1 International students transferring from UMD to another school, you must upload documentation via this eform.

Authorization for Document Pick up - eform

This eform has been temporarily disabled. 

Program Extension Request

If the end date on your I-20 or DS 2019 is approaching, you must complete this process to keep your record current.  Students who are applying for a program extension must submit this form along with a Declaration and Certification of Finances form. You need to print this form and ask your academic advisor to complete the form.  You should then follow this link to upload the completed Program Extension Request form and the Declaration and Certification of Finances form for review and approval by the ISSC.

Reduced Course Load form

Students who need approval for a reduced course load (RCL) should print the above form and ask your academic advisor to complete the form. You should then follow this link to upload the signed Reduced Course Load form for review and approval by the ISSC.

Registry of Motor Vehicles Support Letter - eform

This letter can be used to apply for a U.S. driver's license if you are not eligible for a Social Security number.  

Affidavit of Support 

Use this form to provide information and documents concerning financial support from your sponsors.

Declaration and Certification of Finances

Please be sure to complete and submit a Declaration of Finances when requesting a Program Extension.

Upload EAD - eform

After you receive your EAD, please upload via this eform.

I-20/DS2019 Reprint Request - eform

Complete this eform to reprint your I-20/DS2019 for the following reasons:  travel, OPT employer update, lost, damaged or stolen.  Please allow 3 - 5 days for processing your request.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - eform

All documentation for applying for CPT must be submitted electronically via the above e-form link.  Students attempting to drop-off their documents in person or via email, will be referred back to upload their documents via the e-form.  Please allow 3 - 5 days for processing.

F-1 job offer  

As part of applying for a Social Security Number, students with an F-1 visa must ask their potential on-campus employer to fill out this form

F-1 Job Offer - off campus 

If your first employment experience is with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT), you will need a completed F-1 Job Offer signed by your off-campus supervisor and the ISSC before you apply for a Social Security Number.

F-2 (Dependent) I-20 Request eform

If you are requesting an I-20 for a dependent, spouse or child, please follow this eform link and upload all the required documentation.  Please allow 3 - 5 days for processing.

Immigration Scams Avoiding Immigration Scams


Visit us virtually

Visit us from anywhere, at any time.
Take a virtual tour of the UMass Dartmouth campus.