Brian Rothschild, PhD
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford
|1959||University of Maine||MS|
- Population dynamics
- Fishery management
- Ocean ecosystems
Rothschild, B.J., E.F. Keiley, and Y. Jiao.
Failure to eliminate overfishing and attain optimum yield in the New England groundfish fishery.
ICES Journal of Marine Science.
Rothschild, B.J. and Y. Jiao. (2013).
Comparison between maximum sustained yield proxies and maximum sustained yield.
The Open Fish Science Journal , 6, 1-9.
Rothschild, B.J., Y. Jiao and S. Hyun. (2012).
Simulation study of biological reference points for the summer flounder.
Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. , 141, 426-436.
Recent Committees and Editorial Boards
- 2011-Present Member, Schooner Ernestina Commission
- 2011-Present Chair, Lusophone Steering Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 2009-Present Chair, Portuguese Outreach Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 2008-Present Member, Scientific and Statistical Committee, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
- 2007-Present Member of Executive Board, New Bedford Port Society
- 2007-Present Member of Board, Harbor Development Commission, City of New Bedford
- 2006-Present Member of Board, New Bedford Economic Development Council
- 2006-Present Chair, Mayor’s Ocean and Fisheries Council 2004-Present Member, Education Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 1997-Present U.S. Academic Member, Resource Management Committee and Multispecies Assessment Working Group, International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
- 2006-2012 Member of Board of Trustees, New Bedford Whaling Museum 1996-2012 Trustee and Board of Governor, New Bedford Oceanarium