Brian Rothschild, PhD
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford
|1959||University of Maine||MS|
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
- Population dynamics
- Fishery management
- Ocean ecosystems
- Rothschild, B.J., E.F. Keiley, and Y. Jiao.
Failure to eliminate overfishing and attain optimum yield in the New England groundfish fishery.
ICES Journal of Marine Science.
- Rothschild, B.J. and Y. Jiao. (2013).
Comparison between maximum sustained yield proxies and maximum sustained yield.
The Open Fish Science Journal , 6, 1-9.
- Rothschild, B.J., Y. Jiao and S. Hyun. (2012).
Simulation study of biological reference points for the summer flounder.
Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. , 141, 426-436.
Recent Committees and Editorial Boards
- 2011-Present Member, Schooner Ernestina Commission
- 2011-Present Chair, Lusophone Steering Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 2009-Present Chair, Portuguese Outreach Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 2008-Present Member, Scientific and Statistical Committee, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
- 2007-Present Member of Executive Board, New Bedford Port Society
- 2007-Present Member of Board, Harbor Development Commission, City of New Bedford
- 2006-Present Member of Board, New Bedford Economic Development Council
- 2006-Present Chair, Mayor’s Ocean and Fisheries Council 2004-Present Member, Education Committee, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 1997-Present U.S. Academic Member, Resource Management Committee and Multispecies Assessment Working Group, International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
- 2006-2012 Member of Board of Trustees, New Bedford Whaling Museum 1996-2012 Trustee and Board of Governor, New Bedford Oceanarium