Tesfay Meressi, PhD
Associate Provost for Graduate Studies
Graduate Studies / Associate Provost's Office
Foster Administration 326
|1985||Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia||BS in Mechanical Engineering|
|1990||University of California, Santa Barbara||MS in Mechanical Engineering|
|1993||University of California, Santa Barbara||PhD in Mechanical Engineering|
- Learning control of robot manipulators
- Learning control of blood glucose levels
- Control of systems with time varying dynamics
- Application of smart materials in active vibration control of flexible link maipulators
- Scheduling of Discrete Event Systems and Manufacturing Automation
Dr. Meressi joined UMass Dartmouth in 1993 as a faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering where he taught graduate as well as undergraduate courses in the general areas of control theory and robotics. Prior to assuming the Associate Provost's position in December of 2012, he served as the Chair of the Mechanical Engineering department from 2003 to 2007 and as Associate Dean of the College of Engineering from 2008 to 2012.
In addition to his teaching, research and administrative duties, Dr. Meressi served as an Associate Editor for the Conference on Decision and Control and the American Control Conference and as a reviewer of numerous articles and book chapters.