Professor / Chairperson
SMAST / Estuarine & Ocean Sciences
SMAST WEST (706 South Rodney French Blvd, New Bedford) 214 A
|1971||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Ph.D|
- Storm-forced and internal wave dynamics in the Gulf of Maine and southern New England Bight
- Estuarine circulation
- Design and construction of coastal ocean observing systems
- The response of the Gulf of Maine and adjacent coastal ocean to winter storm meteorological and tidal forcing
- Evolution and dynamics of the winter mixed layer
- Formation of Maine Intermediate Water in Wilkinson and Jordan Basins
- Dynamics of the exchange mechanisms that link the coast with the deeper adjacent ocean
- Investigating the kinematics and dynamics of transient tidal eddy-like structures east of Cape Cod with a variety of observations
Brown, W.S., and G. M. Marques (2012).
Transient tidal eddy motion in the western Gulf of Maine, part 1: Primary structure
Cont. Shelf Res
Marques, G., and W.S. Brown (2012).
Tidal eddy motions in the western Gulf of Maine, part 2: Secondary flow
Cont. Shelf Res.
Brown, W.S. (2011).
Winter variability in the western Gulf of Maine, Part 1: Internal tides
Dynam. Atmos. Oceans, 42, 224-249.