International Student Orientation
Dates for the Spring 2020 have not been determined. They will be updated when available.
International student orientation is mandatory.
There is also a mandatory assignment for first-year international undergraduate students. Learn more.
- The assignment does not apply to these students:
- Law School
- Graduate School
Early arrival move-in dates for new students
- Dates are not available at this time. They will be updated when determined.
- First year undergraduate students and ALCI students must move in on this date.
- New international students arriving for Orientation
- Navitas students should consult with the Program Director.
Have you signed a contract for a room on campus?
For housing information, please follow the Housing Options link on the Pre-arrival page.
Getting here from Logan Airport in Boston
Local (New Bedford and Dartmouth) taxi and and other public transportation options can be found on transportation.
What do we do at Orientation?
UMass Dartmouth requires all new international students—both F-1 and J-1 students—to attend International Student Orientation in addition to orientation activities for all new students. Orientation provides information sessions about the university and life in the U.S.
One of the most important things we do at Orientation is review the regulations for maintaining your visa status.
At Orientation, we'll also:
- Welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to the culture
- Share information about university services
- Inform you about university policy
- And encourage you to make new friends!
COIN Orientation Video: Learn how to use COIN: Corsairs Online Information system for students
Please watch your email for our welcome letter with further details.