International Student Orientation
Fall 2021 Orientation will take place on Thursday, August 26 and Friday, August 27. Please continue to monitor your email as we make event arrangements within university, state and federal guidelines.
Early arrival move-in dates for new students living on campus:
- Tuesday, August 24 & Wednesday, August 25, between 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- First year undergraduate students and exchange students are strongly encouraged to move in on Tuesday, August 24, 6-10pm.
Have you signed a contract for a room on campus?
For housing information, please follow the Housing Options link on the Pre-arrival page.
Getting here from Logan Airport in Boston
Local (New Bedford and Dartmouth) taxi and and other public transportation options can be found on transportation.
What do we do at Orientation?
UMass Dartmouth requires all new international students—both F-1 and J-1 students—to attend International Student Orientation in addition to orientation activities for all new students. Orientation provides information sessions about the university and life in the U.S.
One of the most important things we do at Orientation is review the regulations for maintaining your visa status.
At Orientation, we'll also:
- Welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to the culture
- Share information about university services
- Inform you about university policy
- And encourage you to make new friends!
COIN Orientation Video: Learn how to use COIN: Corsairs Online Information system for students
Please watch your email for our welcome letter with further details.