Addressing Mail & Packages for Residential Students
Student Name (this should include middle initial if applicable)
Residence Hall, Room Number
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
*To avoid any unnecessary delays by the Post Office, please do not address the mailbox as a P.O. Box.
Central Mail Pickup
New this year, mail pickup And package pickup will be located in a central location.
Mail arrival notification: Students will be notified by NOREPLY @ sqbxmail.com through their University email account when letter mail arrives.
Mail pick-up: Once notified, your mail may be picked up at the Student Mail and Package Center, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, room 023.
Students must show their university ID for identity verification to pick up mail.
Packages Placed in Lockers
Package arrival notification: Students will be notified by PACK CITY through their University email account when packages are placed in a locker.
Package pick-up: Once notified, packages may be picked up at the lockers, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, in the hallway between the Bookstore and the Student Mail and Package Center.
There are 2 computer screens attached to the lockers. They are labeled Umass1 and Umass2. Your email will explain which computer to go to (UMASS1 or UMASS2). It will also provide you with 2 security codes that you will need to enter in order to claim your package.
*These security codes are only sent to you via email and are not shared with the Student Mail and Package Center staff *
PLEASE NOTE: These are NOT assigned lockers. The lockers are filled randomly throughout the day to help with volume in the Student Mail and Package Center.
Central Package Pickup
Package arrival notification: Students will be notified by NOREPLY @ sqbxmail.com through their University email account when packages or other larger items arrive.
Package pick-up: Once notified, these packages may be picked up at the Student Mail and Package Center, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, room 023. Students must show their university ID for identity verification to pick up packages.
Packages that are not picked up within one month will be returned to sender to ensure timely pick-up and to create the necessary space for student packages arriving daily. Costs incurred to return packages will be charged to the sender. Students will be responsible for any charges that cannot be billed to the sender. A hold will be placed on the student's university account until the balance due is paid in full.
The university will make every effort to deliver mail and packages to students on a timely basis; however, delivery is not guaranteed unless mail and packages are properly addressed.
Regular mail: Mailboxes are located at the main entrance of the Campus Center as well as the Student Mail and Package Center. Proper postage is required.
Packages and express mail: Arrangements made for outgoing package pick-up or express mail may be dropped off at the Student Mail and Package Center, located in the Campus Center building, room 023. Prepaid shipping labels or postage is required before any packages can be dropped off.
Helpful Tips for Parents and Students
- DO NOT send cash or gift cards in the mail. Send check or money orders.
- Important documents and Anything of value should be sent Registered or Certified. This applies to both letters and parcels. UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS provide routine tracking methods and insurance for their shipments.
- Purchase insurance when shipping valuables so that you are protected against loss or damage.
- Medications should be phoned in to a local pharmacy. If you must send medication, send it registered or certified.
- Time-sensitive material should be sent well in advance and by land or air carriers using guaranteed overnight or similar time frames..
- United States Postal Service (USPS) does NOT deliver mail or packages to our university. Deliver confirmations via USPS are to inform you that your mail and/or package has been delivered to our local North Dartmouth Post Office branch. Our mail clerks go to our local post office branch 3 times a day to pick up. At each pick up, our mail clerks bring back all the university mail and packages that the post office releases to them.
- Please Wait for your Umass mail or package arrival email notification.
Hours of Operation
The Student Mail and Package Center
Monday- Friday, 9am - 5pm
Winter and Summer Break Hours:
Monday- Friday, 10am – 2pm
The Faculty & Staff Mail Room
Monday- Friday, 8am – 4pm
Student Mail and Package Center
John Frazier and/or Ray Santos
Faculty & Staff Mail Room