Student Mail and Packages processes mail and packages for residential students
Hours of operation
Winter and Summer inter sessions
When a packages arrive from companies requiring recipient to be 21+ the Mail & Package Center staff are required to check the recipient's birthdate before accepting the package. If the recipient is not 21+, the package will be refused returned to the sender.
Deliveries requiring refrigeration or perishable items will be accepted and placed in the Mail & Package Center refrigerator. refrigerator space is limited. These items require pickup within 24 hours with an exception of weekends or holidays. The Mail & Package Center is not responsible for the condition of perishable items beyond placing items in the refrigerator.
Addressing Mail & Packages for Residential Students
Student Name (this should include middle initial if applicable)
Residence Hall, Room Number
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
*To avoid any unnecessary delays by the Post Office, please do not address the mailbox as a P.O. Box.
Central Mail Pickup
Residential student mail and package pickup is located on the ground floor of the Campus Center room 023.
Mail or package arrival notification for pickup inside the mail center
Residential students will be notified by NOREPLY @ sqbxmail.com through their University email account when mail or packages arrive and are available for pickup inside the center.
Once notified, your mail or package may be picked up at the Student Mail and Package Center, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, room 023.
Students must show their university ID for identity verification to pick up mail.
Packages Placed in Lockers
Package arrival notification
Students will be notified by PACK CITY through their University email account when packages are placed in a locker.
Once notified, packages may be picked up at the lockers, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, in the hallway between the Bookstore and the Student Mail and Package Center.
There are 2 computer screens attached to the lockers. They are labeled Umass1 and Umass2. Your email will explain which computer to go to (UMASS1 or UMASS2). It will also provide you with 2 security codes that you will need to enter in order to claim your package.
*These security codes are only sent to you via email and are not shared with the Student Mail and Package Center staff *
PLEASE NOTE: These are NOT assigned lockers. The lockers are filled randomly throughout the day to help with volume in the Student Mail and Package Center.
Central Package Pickup
Package arrival notification
Students will be notified by NOREPLY @ sqbxmail.com through their University email account when packages or other larger items arrive.
Once notified, these packages may be picked up at the Student Mail and Package Center, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, room 023. Students must show their university ID for identity verification to pick up packages.
Packages that are not picked up within one month will be returned to sender to ensure timely pick-up and to create the necessary space for student packages arriving daily. Costs incurred to return packages will be charged to the sender. Students will be responsible for any charges that cannot be billed to the sender. A hold will be placed on the student's university account until the balance due is paid in full.
The university will make every effort to deliver mail and packages to students on a timely basis; however, delivery is not guaranteed unless mail and packages are properly addressed.
Mailboxes are located at the main entrance of the Campus Center as well as the Student Mail and Package Center. Proper postage is required.
Packages and express mail
Arrangements made for outgoing package pick-up or express mail may be dropped off at the Student Mail and Package Center, located in the Campus Center building, room 023. Prepaid shipping labels or postage is required before any packages can be dropped off.
Helpful Tips for Parents and Students
- DO NOT send cash or gift cards in the mail. Send check or money orders.
- Important documents and Anything of value should be sent Registered or Certified. This applies to both letters and parcels. UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS provide routine tracking methods and insurance for their shipments.
- Purchase insurance when shipping valuables so that you are protected against loss or damage.
- Medications should be phoned in to a local pharmacy. If you must send medication, send it registered or certified.
- Time-sensitive material should be sent well in advance and by land or air carriers using guaranteed overnight or similar time frames..
- United States Postal Service (USPS) does NOT deliver mail or packages to our university. Deliver confirmations via USPS are to inform you that your mail and/or package has been delivered to our local North Dartmouth Post Office branch. Our mail clerks go to our local post office branch 3 times a day to pick up. At each pick up, our mail clerks bring back all the university mail and packages that the post office releases to them.
- Please wait for your UMASSD mail or package arrival email notification.
Hours of Operation
The Student Mail and Package Center
Monday- Friday, 8am-4pm (Closed on Holidays)
Winter and Summer Break Hours:
Monday- Friday, 10am – 2pm
The Faculty & Staff Mail Room
Monday- Friday, 8am – 4pm
Student Mail and Package Center
Sheldon McCorn or
Faculty & Staff Mail Room