Mahzad Hojjat, PhD
Professor / Chairperson
Liberal Arts 362
|1998||Yale University||PhD - Social Psychology & Individual Differences|
|1995||Yale University||MPhil - Social Psychology & Individual Differences|
|1994||Yale University||MS - Social Psychology & Individual Differences|
- Social Psychology
- Graduate Seminar in Close Relationships
- Positive Psychology
- Research Methods in Social Psychology
- Culture and Psychology
Survey of major topics, theories, and research findings in positive psychology. A major goal of this course is to stimulate students to explore the scientific aspects and practical implications of positive psychology. Students will be required to read, critique, and propose original research studies. Topics include positive emotions, positive traits, prosocial behaviors, and flourishing relationships. An oral presentation is required.
Advanced seminar in the study of social psychology. Students will study current research on a specific topic in social psychology and learn to think critically about the underlying theory and research in the field.
Graduate seminar offered for one semester on a specific topic. Topics vary according to student needs and faculty expertise in particular areas of study. This course may be repeated with change of content.
Student develops and executes an independent research thesis under the direction of a faculty advisor. Graded A-F.
- Forgiveness in Friendship Project in collaboration with Dr. Susan Boon from University of Calgary, Canada
- Project Coping Flexibility, Resilience, and Satisfaction in Marriage with UMASSD graduate student Kara Kneeland
- Project on arranged and love marriages in India and USA with Dr. Susan Boon
- Transgression and Forgiveness in Friendship and Romantic Relationship
- Interethnic Dating/Marriage
- Resilience and Satisfaction in Close Relationships
- Competition in Friendships
- Hojjat, M. & Moyer, A. (Eds.) (2017).
The Psychology of Friendship; Oxford University Press, New York: NY
- Bradley, J. & Hojjat, M. (2016).
A model of resilience and marital satisfaction
The Journal of Social Psychology, 1-14.
- Lozano, E., Hojjat, M., & Sims-Knight, J. (2016).
Do Ego-Resilience and Positive Emotions Impact Friendship Outcomes?
Journal of Individual Differences, 37(2), 128-134.