OFD workshops are developed and led by UMassD faculty for UMassD faculty. Workshops are interactive and collaborative: participants can share their experiences, pose questions, and hear from colleagues. A variety of workshop-based resources, including short video tutorials and helpful bibliographies, are housed in the Resources for Scholarship and Professional Activity and Resources for Teaching and Learning areas of our website.
In addition to the OFD’s regular offerings, faculty may also be interested in the workshops offered through CITS Instructional Development on a range of topics dedicated to online teaching and instructional technology.
Fall 2023 offerings
All workshops are conducted in person in the Office of Faculty Development (Library 213). We will continue to offer hybrid modality for Fall 2023, though we encourage you to attend in person if you are on campus and able to do so. Please register for workshops by emailing Ellen Mandly at email@example.com.
- Contemplative Pedagogy Faculty Learning Community. Monday, September 18. 12-1 p.m.
- Welcome Back Lunch: Thursday, September 20, 11:00 a.m-2:00 p.m
- Teaching Large Classes. Wednesday, September 20. 12-1 p.m
- Opening Dialogue: Engaging Students in a Time of AI. Thursday, September 21. 12:30-1:30 p.m
- Revisiting Best Practices: 7 Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education. Monday, September 25. 12-1 p.m.
- Gaming, Student Engagement, and Pedagogy. Monday, October 2. 12-1 p.m.
- Flocks, herds, hives, and intrigues: How to Teach Students to Collaborate, October 4. 12-1 p.m.
Share Your Research Presentation: Dr. Banafsheh Seyed-Aghazadeh. Thursday, October 5. 1-2 p.m.
- Best Practices Series #2: Course Design and Learning Outcomes, Wednesday October 11. 12-1 p.m.
- A Beginner’s Guide to AI and the Classroom, Thursday, October 12. 11-12:45 p.m.
- Lectio Divina and Global Citizenship. Monday, October 16. 12-1 p.m.
- Contemplative Pedagogy Faculty Learning Community. Thursday, October 19. 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Using sciENcv for Grant Proposals, Monday, October 23. 12-1 p.m.
- Share Your Research Presentation: Dr. Sarah Donelan. Thursday, October 26. 1-2 p.m.
- Engage Against the Machine: A Constructive Approach to ChatGPT. Wednesday, October 30. 12-1 p.m.
- The Alphabet Soup of Agreements. Thursday, November 2. 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Embodied Cognition, Teaching, and Learning. Wednesday, November 8. 12-1 p.m.
- Contemplative Pedagogy Faculty Learning Community. Thursday, November 16. 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Contemplative Pedagogy Faculty Learning Community. Monday, December 4. 12-1 p.m.