The Massachusetts Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Partnership provides qualified high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take courses at public colleges and universities and thus earn both high school and college credit.
Participants in this program are required to have a high school GPA of 3.0 or better and be recommended by their high school principal or guidance counselor.
Dual Enrollment students must file an application with the Office of Admissions and submit high school transcripts, along with a parental signature and a guidance counselor signature allowing them to take classes on campus.
Apply: Dual Enrollment Application
Dual enrollment is limited to the fall and spring semesters, and students are limited to enrolling in 100 and 200 level courses. The university reserves the right to decline admittance to students on the basis of academic ability.
UMassD's partner schools
- Apponequet HS
- Bishop Stang HS
- BMC Durfee HS
- Dartmouth HS
- Dighton Rehoboth HS
- Diman Regional HS
- Fairhaven HS
- Falmouth HS
- Global Learning Charter Public School
- Nazarene Christian Academy
- New Bedford HS
- Greater New Bedford Vocational Technical HS
- Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical HS
- Old Rochester Regional HS
- Seekonk HS
- Swansea HS
- Westport HS
- Critical Writing and Reading I (ENL 101)
- Critical Writing and Reading II (ENL 102)
- General Psychology (PSY 101)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOA 101)
- Introduction to Anthropology (SOA 111)
- Elementary Spanish (SPA 101)
For course days and times, please see: Course Listings