Zheng Chen, PhD
Liberal Arts 394E
- Numerical algorithms
- Data Science BS, BS/MS
- Master's in Data Science MS
- Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Engineering and Applied Science PhD
- Mathematics BA, BS
An introduction to the main concepts and techniques of college algebra. Topics include: linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic functions, as well as modeling of data using functions. This is the first semester of the college math sequence designed for students interested in Biology and Life Sciences. This course fulfills the general education core requirements for Biology and Life Sciences majors who matriculated prior to Fall 2012 and has been approved by University Studies Curriculum for students matriculating in Fall 2012 or later.
A calculus-based introduction to statistics. This course covers probability and combinatorial problems, discrete and continuous random variables and various distributions including the binomial, Poisson, hypergeometric normal, gamma and chi-square. Moment generating functions, transformation and sampling distributions are studied.
- Numerical Analysis, Scientific Computing, High performance computing
- Machine Learning, Image Processing, Neural Networks
- Kinetic problems, Multi-scale Computational Methods
- Numerical methods for problems with singularities
- Uncertainty quantification, Fractional-order partial differential equations