Interested in helping out?
Volunteer at Jeanne's Cupbard by visiting CorsairEngage at https://umassd.givepulse.com/event/244985
If you would like to sponsor a food drive or fundraiser, please contact us at: 508-999-8872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Jeanne's Cupbard!
- Support the mission of the cupboard.
- Attend a volunteer training.
- Be familiar with all pantry policies and procedures.
- Be aware of other resources and organizations available for Cupboard guests.
- Be punctual, dependable, and reliable.
- Follow basic food safety guidelines.
- Protect the confidentiality of Cupboard guests.
- Be reasonably accessible through phone calls and emails.
- Give the coordinator or designee at least 24 hours notice if you can’t make your shift.
Interacting with Cupboard Guests
- Greet guests with a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Ask guests to complete a registration form if not completed online.
- Relate with guests in a positive manner.
- Show genuine concern for all guests of the Cupboard.
- Listen, be polite, and serve in a professional manner, no matter the circumstance.
- Report any issues to a student manager or supervisor immediately.
- Help direct guests' to specific foods upon request.
- Pack guests’ food in grocery bags.
- Check-out guest's order.
Inventory and Maintenance
- Track, weigh, and shelve all donated food items.
- Shelve food items, toiletries, and supplies where they belong in the pantry.
- Sort through food items, evaluate their fitness, and discard expired food weekly.
- Record all discarded items on forms provided.
- Disinfect and wipe down surfaces that are exposed to food.
- Sweep floors.
- Restock hand sanitizer, soap and paper towel dispensers.(if necessary)
- Empty trash bins as needed.