The SAIL Office has three core functions on campus:
- We support the creation and management of student clubs and organizations, assist clubs and orgs in achieving their goals, and are committed to assisting students in becoming the next generation of leaders.
- We host campus-wide events for all students to enjoy. These include both on and off-campus events.
- We provide leadership training for student organization leaders and those students interested in developing their skills to become leaders in the future.
As educators we are committed to enhancing the academic mission of the University. We empower students to create a strong campus community that fosters the ideals of civic engagement, scholastic achievement, leadership, and respect. We develop student's personal and professional skills through the participation in and coordination of fun, entertaining, and educational events, organizations, and experiences.
In keeping with the framework of the University's strategic plan and theme, the Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership Office strives to keep students...
- making students aware of involvement opportunities through the use of the Student Organization Fair, and SAIL office website
- preparing students to run for student leadership positions, providing the education and support to be successful in those roles
- providing leadership programs specifically targeted to:
- First-Year Students - Emerging Leaders Symposium
- Student Organization/Club Officers - Summer Leadership Symposium and on-going Leadership Series
- Fraternity and Sorority System Members - Greek Leadership Symposium
- laying the foundation for students to be connected to University after graduation
- supporting student organizations that are tied to academic programs
- coordinating academic conferences (for example, Psi Chi)
- participating in local, regional, and national competitions (for example, SIFE, SME, ACE)
- executing community service events (for example, Senior Citizen Holiday Party, Alternative Spring Break)
- valuing through leadership awards
- creating new club and organizations each year
- supporting the establishment of new programs
- encouraging the exchange of ideas, diverse opinions, and values