Apply to one of our top programs, like Animation & Game Arts and our Charlton business programs.
The Commonwealth Commitment allows students from Massachusetts to significantly lower the cost of a bachelor’s degree by beginning at a community college and transferring to a four-year campus.
Under the program, students commit to:
- begin at one of Massachusetts’ 15 community colleges
- complete their associate degree within 2.5 years
- transfer to one of Massachusetts’ state universities or UMass campuses
- complete bachelor’s degree within 2 more years
- maintain full-time, continuous enrollment and a cumulative 3.0 GPA
In return, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts commits to:
- freezing your tuition and fees for four years, from the date you join the commitment
- a 10 percent rebate of tuition and mandatory fees, payable by check or bookstore voucher, at the end of every successfully completed semester
Commonwealth Commitment students will remain eligible for MassTransfer tuition waivers upon entering a four-year institution from a community college.
On average, successful participants in the Commonwealth Commitment will save $5,090 on the cost of their degree.