- Aids and Services
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
- National Center for PTSD
- Association on Higher Education
- Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Massachusetts Department of Veterans' Services
- Student Veterans of America
- Veterans Benefits Administration
Help for veterans
Veteran Admissions Application Fee Waiver
Please email email@example.com and attach your military documentation to request a waiver of the UMassD Application fee.
Help for women veterans
- Guide to Finding a Job as a Veteran
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Massachusetts Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation
- JMU article: "Veterans face tough transition into college life"
This article published in James Madison University's (JMU) campus newspaper highlights the challenges—and the rewards—for veterans when they become college students.
- AWV article: "Transition to civilian life challenging for homeless female vets"
The fastest growing segment of the homeless veteran population is women with children, said Genevieve Chase, founder and executive director of American Women Veterans (AWV).
- College & Research Libraries News: Resources for active duty soldiers and veterans
This article details some of the resources available to provide assistance to active military and retired personnel.