Begin by completing the online application.
Once your application is complete, UMass Dartmouth will issue your student identification number. Use this number in all correspondence and when checking your application status.
- An educational summary, resume, or transcript from your previous academic institutions and/or studies
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report.
- Complete the online application?
- Receive an acceptance letter?
After you're accepted
- Apply for and receive a student Visa
- Arrange for housing and a meal plan
- Review the international student pre-arrival checklist.
New Student Orientation
At the beginning of each fall and spring term, we hold an international student orientation. During this required orientation, you'll meet students from all over the world who have chosen to study at UMass Dartmouth.
You'll learn about the university and life in the U.S.
One of the most important things we do at Orientation is review the regulations for maintaining your visa status.
At Orientation, we'll also:
- Welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to the culture
- Share information about university services
- Inform you about university policy
- And encourage you to make new friends!