In the College of Visual and Perforing Arts room 259 and 263 computer labs, CITS has augmented traditional desktop computing with Corsair Desktop. This Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology offers improved software access and performance for CVPA faculty and students with classes in these spaces.
Specialized software available includes:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Autodesk AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Maya, Mudbox, Raster Design, Revit, and Sketchbook
- Epic Games Launcher
- Style Bulider
- Substance Designer and Painter
Connecting with a Web Browser
- Visit corsairdesktop.umassd.edu.
- Sign in with Microsoft using your full UMass Dartmouth email address.
- Log in using your UMassD Logon username and password to access the Remote Desktop Web Client.
- Click to select Corsair Virtual Desktop. CVPA students have access to a special configuration called CVPA Corsair Desktop.
- Click Allow to enable clipboard access.
- Log into the virtual workstation with your UMassD Logon username and password.
The initial logon takes a bit longer to set up your profile. Subsequent logins will be faster.
Connecting with the Microsoft Remote Desktop App for Full Access
Drawing tablets, USB storage, and other peripherals are only available when accessing the Corsair Desktop with the Microsoft Remote Desktop app:
- Windows 10:
Disconnecting from the Corsair Virtual Desktop
- Disconnect and you can log in again from any client within 60 minutes to the same virtual computer. All open applications and files will still be open and available. (Power -> Disconnect)
After 60 minutes, the virtual computer is deleted, but a new one is always available to you.
- Log off to end your computing session. The virtual machine you were accessing is immediately deleted. When logging on again you will receive a new virtual machine. (Your Name -> Sign Out, like you would from any Windows computer.)
- Idle virtual computers (with no mouse movement or keyboard entry) are disconnected automatically after 15 minutes. You have 60 minutes to reconnect to the session before the virtual computer is deleted.
Saving your Files
- Save all files and documents on your Microsoft OneDrive, or cloud storage provider of your choice.
- Do not save important files to the virtual computer’s desktop or Documents folder.
Help and Feedback
For help with Corsair Desktop, please use our online IT Help form or contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8900.
- Are my application settings, preferences, and bookmarks saved?
Yes, most available settings and customizations are persistent and will work regardless of which virtual computer you are using.