In the College of Visual and Perforing Arts room 259 and 263 computer labs, CITS has augmented traditional desktop computing with Corsair Desktop. This Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology offers improved software access and performance for CVPA faculty and students with classes in these spaces.
Specialized software available includes:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Autodesk AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Maya, Mudbox, Raster Design, Revit, and Sketchbook
- Epic Games Launcher
- Style Bulider
- Substance Designer and Painter
Accessing a Corsair Desktop workstation
- Visit corsairdesktop.umassd.edu.
- Sign in with Microsoft using your full University email address.
- Select Work or School when prompted.
- Log in using your UMassD Logon username and password.
- Click to select CVPA Corsair Desktop.
- Click Allow to enable clipboard access.
- Log in with your full email address and password.
Students and Faculty with classes scheduled in these rooms can access CVPA Corsair Desktop from anywhere with a stable internet connection.
Disconnecting from the Corsair Desktop
- Disconnect and you can log in again from any client within 60 minutes to the same virtual computer. All open applications and files will still be open and available.
After 60 minutes, the virtual computer is deleted, but a new one is always available to you.
The Disconnect from Session icon is located on the left side of the desktop.
- Log off to end your computing session. The virtual machine you were accessing is immediately deleted. When logging on again you will receive a new virtual machine.
- Idle virtual computers (with no mouse movement or keyboard entry) are disconnected automatically after 30 minutes.
Saving your Files
- Save all files and documents on your Microsoft OneDrive, or cloud storage provider of your choice.
- Do not save important files to the virtual computer’s desktop or Documents folder.
Using Drawing Tablets and Other Peripherals
Corsair Desktop does not support drawing tablets, USB storage, or other peripherals when accessed through a web browser. To use these devices you may install Remote Desktop software on your computer.
For help with Corsair Desktop labs, please use our online IT Help form (login required) or contact the CITS at 508.999.8900.
- Are my application settings, preferences, and bookmarks saved?
Yes, most available settings and customizations are persistent and will work regardless of which virtual computer you are using.