Once equipment has been tagged and entered into inventory, it should not be removed from the assigned department, location, building, or area without prior notification to the Property Control Office. Requests can be made by email or by using the Asset Inventory Change form located on Property Control website.
- Usable equipment no longer utilized by a department may be recycled out to other departments.
- Any equipment to be transferred must have all data removed. Please contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8790 or x8790 prior to transfer to have data removed.
- Complete Asset Inventory Change form and submit to Property Control.
- If equipment cannot be refurbished or redeployed it will be disposed of through an authorized disposal contractor to assure compliance with state and federal disposal laws.
- Departments are required to complete Unusable or Obsolete Property form and submit the form to Property Control per the Property Control Policy and Procedures in order to dispose of equipment.
- All disposed-of equipment must have its data removed prior to disposal. Please contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8790 or x8790 to coordinate and ensure the removal of all data prior to disposal. Please note that CITS will not remove data until an Unusable or Obsolete Property form is completed.