Be sure to select College Now or START as your preferred academic program. You must select a second preference which is the academic program you are interested in.
College Now applicants are either first generation college bound and/or low income as defined by federal guidelines.
START applicants are students interested in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, and Physics.
Dates & deadlines
Students interested in applying for the 2023-2024 academic year may do so starting August 1, 2022.
The College Now Program is a rolling admissions program and space is limited. We accept students until we fill the spots available for the upcoming fall semester. To ensure consideration of your application all admissions and FAFSA materials should be submitted as soon as possible. March 1 is the priority deadline for FAFSA filing.
First-year & transfer applicants
As part of your application package, we will need to receive your:
- High school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- A personal essay of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application (optional)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (optional)
- $60 application fee or, if eligible, application waiver
- Students enrolling in a Visual & Performing Arts program (excluding Art History): submit a portfolio or complete a music audition
- GED/HiSET students: a copy of the GED/HiSET certificate from the state, along with a copy of your GED/HiSET test record.
- Transfer applicants: official college transcripts. You must have fewer than 24 transferable credits to be eligible to apply to the College Now/START Program
Mailing/emailing materials to UMassD
When mailing materials, please include your name and and date of birth on each item.
Mail materials to:
College Now/START Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300