Be sure to select College Now or START as your preference academic program. You must select a second preference which is the academic program you are interested in.
College Now applicants are either first generation college bound and/or low income as defined by federal guidelines.
START applicants are students interested in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, and Physics.
Once accepted, students will participate in virtual conversations focused on preparation for the fall semester.
Dates & deadlines
April 1: Priority deadline for admission applications. March 1 is priority deadline for FAFSA filing. Completed applications and FAFSA materials received by priority dates allow maximum consideration for your most complete financial aid package.
First-year & transfer applicants
As part of your application package, we will need to receive your:
- High school transcript with first quarter grades
- Official SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- A personal essay of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Application fee or waiver, if eligible
- Students enrolling in a Visual & Performing Arts program (excluding Art History): submit a portfolio or complete a music audition
- GED students: a copy of the GED certificate from the state, along with a copy of your GED test record
- Transfer applicants: official college transcripts. You must have fewer than 24 transferable credits to be eligible to apply to the College Now/START Program
Mailing/emailing materials to UMassD
When mailing materials, please include your name and student ID (provided after you apply) on each item.
Mail materials to:
College Now/START Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300