Starting in 2019, the data science program has awarded the "Data Science Research Award" for the best student thesis or capstone project. See our Capstone Day Program for a list of all projects and thesis since 2019-2020.
- Lauren Fletcher, "Database and User Interface Development for Study of Atlantic Cod Fish" (video)
- Sai Surya Nattuva, "Human Activity Classification from Accelerometer Data" (video)
- Brianna Johnson, "Prototyping the UUV Docking Process with Machine Learning" (video)
- Satish Uppalapati, "Multi-Document Summarization using Maximal Marginal Relevance and Sentence Graph Compression" (video)
All presentations from 2022 can be seen here (videos titled "2021 UMassD Capstone")
- Nikita Seleznev, "LSTM networks for Named Entity Recognition" (video)
- Fatemeh Sadjadpour, "Applications of Statistical Inference Techniques to Neural Networks" (video)
- Andrea Haines, "An Exploration of Long/Short Term Memory Networks" (video)
All presentations from 2021 can be seen here (videos titled "2021 UMassD Capstone")
- Apoorva Ramesh, "COVID-19 infection detection on a mobile application using x-ray images" (video)
- Shristi Bhat, "Automated Modeling Pipeline" (video)
- Yi Ming Huang, "Game Recommendation System for Steam" (video)
- Guancheng Zhou, "Diagnostic Analysis in Classification" (video)
All presentations from 2020 can be seen here (videos titled "UMass Dartmouth Data Science Capstone")
- (2021) Alexandra Sherman helps the Town of Dartmouth boost community engagement (article).