There are two ways to fund your research
Fall and Winter
The Office of Undergraduate Research is committed to supporting UMass Dartmouth undergraduates in all aspects of their research endeavors. We are pleased to offer small research grants to help offset the costs of performing research projects, with research being broadly conceived and taking place in any and all disciplines. Research awards are primarily for consumable materials, incentives, or research-related travel.
- All UMass Dartmouth undergraduates who will re-enroll in Spring 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Be sure to include a completed OUR Student Research Grants - Application Cover Sheet
The Office of Undergraduate Research offers a competitive summer stipend initiative to facilitate the fulltime research activity of UMass Dartmouth undergraduates during summer. As with all OUR programs, research is broadly conceived and takes place in any and all disciplines. All UMass Dartmouth undergraduates who will re-enroll in Fall 2020 are eligible to apply.
The submission deadline for Summer 2020 is 5pm, April 1, 2020.
Numerous groups outside UMass Dartmouth provide funding for undergraduate research.
- Federal agencies (eg. NSF)
- Professional societies
- Private foundations
External funding sources and associated UMassD contacts:
All art and museum grants
contact Prof. Pamela Karimi, Art History
In addition to these listed sources, you may have found other organizations that provide funding for undergraduate research. See your faculty advisor and OUR for help.
If you have questions about the funding opportunities listed below, contact the Office of Undergraduate Research, email@example.com
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship
- Beinecke Scholarship
- Carnegie Endowment Junior Fellowship
- Churchill Foundation Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Department of Energy Fellowship Program (SCFG)
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- The Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internships
- George J. Mitchell Scholarship
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Hearst Journalism Fellowships
- Hertz Foundation Fellowships
- Luce Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mellon Summer Internship Program at the RISD Museum
- National Defense Science and Engineering Fellowships
- National Gallery of Art in DC Opportunities
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowships (when applying for grad school)
- Pickering Fellowships
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Schwarzman Scholarship
- Scoville Peace Fellowship
- Smithsonian Opportunities
- Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- St Andrew's Society Fellowship
- Udall Foundation
- Undocumented Students Opportunities
- Woodrow Wilson Fellowships
- White House Fellowships & Internships
- Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University