OUR is pleased to announce the winners of Summer_2022 cycle. The deadline for the next OUR award cycle (fall 2022) will be announced in September. See below for more info.
OUR Internal Funds
There are multiple ways to fund your research here at UMass Dartmouth:
****Fall and Spring Research Grants
The Office of Undergraduate Research is committed to supporting UMass Dartmouth undergraduates in all aspects of their research endeavors. We are pleased to offer small research grants during the fall and spring semesters to help offset the costs of performing research projects, with research being broadly conceived and taking place in any and all disciplines. Research awards are primarily for consumable materials and participant incentives.
- All UMass Dartmouth enrolled undergraduates are eligible to apply. Be sure to review the guidelines: OUR fall-spring application guidelines
- Be sure to include a completed OUR fall-spring application cover sheet
The deadline for 2021-2022 Fall and Spring grant cycles is passed.
****Research-Related Travel Awards
The Office of Undergraduate Research offers travel awards, which partially cover the costs of conference registration fees, lodging, airfare, and mileage. We also assist students who wish to conduct fieldwork and archival research at an off-campus location. There is no particular deadline for research-related travel awards. Applications are accepted throughout the academic year.
- Please fill out and submit this application via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have an accepted proposal at a conference or a well-defined plan for an off-campus research project
****Summer Awards (2022)
The Office of Undergraduate Research offers a number of competitive summer award to facilitate the full-time on-campus research activity of UMass Dartmouth undergraduates during the summer. As with all OUR programs, research is broadly conceived and takes place in any and all disciplines. All UMass Dartmouth undergraduates who will be enrolled in the fall of 2022 are eligible to apply. Students may apply for ONE of the following options:
- General field-specific research opportunity: Students in all fields are invited to apply. Application cover sheet and guidelines for this award’s proposal can be found here:
- Library research opportunity: This year we are offering an additional on-campus research opportunity for students in the arts, humanities, social sciences, business, marketing & management. Awarded students can conduct research utilizing these selected Claire T. Carney Library Archives and Special Collections: Congressman Barney Frank Archives Collection ; Paul Rudolph & His Architecture ; Howard T. Glasser Archives of Folk Music and Letter Arts. Application cover sheet and guidelines for this award’s proposal can be found here:
Duration of the 2022 summer award: The research period can be anywhere from 1 (min) to 4 (max) month(s) in duration; it can begin as early as May 1st and end as late as August 31st.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via email@example.com. Deadline for this year's application submission: Monday March 21st, 2022 by 5pm.
If you have any questions about this award cycle, please contact the OUR director, Professor Pamela Karimi firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to extend our gratitude to the Claire T. Carney Library, the Cyber Security Center, the Honors College, Charlton College of Business, the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Visual and Performing Arts, the College of Engineering, and the School for Marine Science and Technology, which will contribute to the 2022 summer awards.
***Acknowledge the OUR in your presentations and publications. Download the following logo: