The 2022 Three-Minute Thesis Competition will take place on April 26, 27, and 28 at the Claire T. Carney Library. The details are below:
Undergrad Prelim: Tuesday, April 26th 2022, LIB 205 from 3:30-6:30pm
Graduate Prelim: Wednesday April 27th 2022, LIB 206 from 2:00-5:00pm
Finale: Thursday April 28th 2022, Grand Reading Room from 3:00 to 5:00pm
***Registration form for undergrads- due April 15, 2022 by 5 pm via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Registration form for grads- due April 18, 2022 by 5 pm via e-mail to email@example.com
Participate in the Office of Undergraduate Research's Three Minute Thesis competition
- 1st prize: $1,000
- 2nd prize: $500
- 3rd prize: $250
- "People's Choice Award": $250
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g., sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g., costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g., no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
At every level of the competition each competitor will be judged on several criteria. Judges use a standard 3MT Judging Sheet. Each criterion is equally weighted and has an emphasis on audience.
More information for Undergraduate Participants
- Additional information and tips from past winners
- Download the Registration Form for 2022 (.docx)
- Highlights from previous 3MT competitions
- Undergraduate Three Minute Thesis Videos
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org