The Plus Program: Bristol + UMassD
Ensures your successful transition from Bristol to UMassD. Provides distinct UMassD advantages while you attend Bristol.
Open to students who want a full-time, day program or who want to earn a degree online.
Earn your AA/AS from a top community college. Bristol offers the education you need with a dynamic college experience, from student clubs and cooperative education to student government and athletics.
Then earn your BA, BS, or BFA from UMassD, a national research university that provides a private college educational experience and public university value.
1. Enroll in the program
Students who apply to UMass Dartmouth may be offered admission into this program
We believe you will benefit from Bristol's educational opportunities. This "unified admission" means you do not need to submit a Bristol application or application fee, and there will be no transfer application fee when it is time to transfer to UMassD. You will not need an essay or letters of recommendation for your transfer.
Bristol students who have fewer than 30 credits
You may choose to enroll in this program, as well as any students who are participating in the UMassD/Bristol articulation agreements or the MassTransfer A2B programs. As a current Bristol student who enrolls in the Plus Program, there will be no UMassD transfer application fee, and you will not need an essay or letters of recommendation.
After you complete your AS/AA degree at Bristol, you will enter UMassD as a junior. You must enroll at UMassD within one year of receiving your degree from Bristol.
Most UMassD programs require a Bristol cumulative GPA of 2.5. However, a few academic programs stipulate additional requirements.
I'm ready to take the next step
Attend a Program Plus event
Register for a Program Plus event where you can learn more about the Plus Program, academics, and opportunities for student success.
2. Special programming
Benefit from activities that immerse you in both the Bristol and the UMassD communities.
- Working together, Bristol and UMassD will develop an individualized academic plan for you to stay on track to enter the academic program of your choice, including on-site advising at Bristol.
- UMassD career center staff will offer workshops at Bristol so that you can start your career path beginning your first year at Bristol through graduation from UMassD.
- Academic advising workshops will be held on-site at Bristol to ensure that you are registering for the appropriate courses.
- Attend "appreciation events" at Bristol so you can network with UMassD staff and faculty.
- You will have priority registration in UMassD courses for your entering semester.
3. Significant advantages
UMassD is awarding merit scholarships of at least $2,500 a year to students who earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and who enroll as full-time, day students at UMassD. You can maintain that scholarship for two years if you maintain the cumulative 3.0 GPA at UMassD.
UMassD offers almost 20 undergraduate online degree programs. If you enroll in a UMassD online degree program as part of the Bristol + UMassD program, you will be eligible for a tuition discount.
As a Plus Program student, you will receive Bristol and UMassD ID cards that provide access to:
- Events at Bristol and UMassD campuses—sporting events, musical and theater productions, concerts, speaker programs
- Facilities on both campuses like the library, fitness center, bookstore, and dining halls
Attend a Plus Program event
Learn more about the Plus Program, academics, and opportunities for student success at one of our events.