The University of Massachusetts is governed by a 22-member Board of Trustees. Seventeen (17) members of the board are appointed by the Governor and five (5) members are UMass students elected by the student body on each of the five campuses.
The UMass Dartmouth Student Trustee represents the interests of the campus community and offers a student's perspective on university operations.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications at the time their application is submitted:
- Be an undergraduate, graduate, or law student enrolled full-time and remain full-time during year of service
- Plan to be enrolled at The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth as a full-time student (12 credits or more) for the upcoming academic year
- Be in good academic standing and in compliance with student conduct code and other university policy requirements
- Must attend all required Board of Trustees meetings
- You may not hold a Student Government Association, Graduate Student Senate, Student Bar Association or Class Council position concurrently with the Board of Trustees position.
- Student Trustees serve a term of one year.
Timeline for Student Trustee Application and Election
February 5, 2024 – Applications Open
February 12, 2024 – Information Session
March 8, 2024 - Applications Close at 4:00 pm
March 8, 2024- Recommendation Form/Letters Due at 4:00 pm
March 19-23, 2024 Campus Interviews
All applicants will be interviewed for the position. Final candidates will be submitted for inclusion on the official SGA Election Ballot and will be responsible for meeting all election guidelines. Students will elect the Student Trustee for the next academic year through the SGA Elections process which will begin April 1, 2024.