Module 6. How to certify your effort with ECRT
Note: You don't have to remember all of this. When you're ready to certify, you can refresh your memory with on-line guides and demonstration videos – easily found from within ECRT itself
Step 1. Open your Web browser and go to: Enter your campus user ID and password. This is the login name/password combination used to access your university email account. In the dropdown menu for campus location choose “Dartmouth”
Step 2. On the ECRT Home Page, click the link that says: View Effort Card
Step 3. To certify your effort:
- View the effort statement.
- Determine your effort distribution for the period. Note: the Effort Distribution must total 100%
- Compare the required effort with the numbers in the Computed Effort/Certified Effort columns of the statement.
- For each sponsored project:
If your contributed effort for any sponsored project differs from the number in the Computed Effort/Certified Effort columns by five percentage points or more, over-write the amount in the Certified Effort column by entering your estimate of the actual effort percentage for that project in the Certified Effort column (yellow highlight added for emphasis).
- Click the Certify Checkboxes (blue highlight added for emphasis) button.
- Click “Certify My Effort” button to complete.
Your statement will be forwarded to your effort coordinator for final processing. Please note that all certification data must be entered as a whole number (i.e. 10).