The university system maintains a strong security posture to comply with data security standards (DSS) established by the payment card industry (PCI), the PCI DSS.
The PCI DSS is a comprehensive standard intended to help organizations proactively protect customer account data.
The core principles of PCI DSS are to:
- build and maintain a secure network
- protect cardholder data
- maintain a vulnerability management program
- implement strong, access-control measures
- monitor and test networks
- maintain an information security policy
The university system has identified CyberSource as the third-party vendor of choice for all e-commerce activity.