Honggang Wang, PhD
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Science & Engineering 209B
|2009||University of Nebraska - Lincoln||PhD in Computer Engineering|
|2001||Southwest Jiaotong University, China||MS in Computer Science and Engineering|
|1996||Southwest Jiaotong University, China||BE in Electrical Engineering|
- Computer architecture
- Body area networks
- Wireless networks and mobile computing
- Multimedia communications
- Engineering and Applied Science PhD
- Computer Engineering BS, BS/MS
- Computer Engineering MS
- Electrical Engineering BS, BS/MS
- Electrical Engineering MS
- Electrical Engineering PhD
- Internet of Things and wireless health
- Body Area Networks (BAN) and Wireless Multimedia
- Cyber and Multimedia Security, Mobile Multimedia and Cloud, Edge Computing
- Wireless Networks and Cyber-physical System
- Big Data in mHealth, Multimedia Processing and Communications
- NSF: Developing A Physical-Channel Based Lightweight Authentication System for Wireless Body Area Networks
- NSF: Collaborative Research: Design of a wearable biosensor system with wireless network for the remote detection of life threatening events in neonates
- NSF: A Cross-layer End-to-End Performance Modeling Approach for Large-Scale Random Wireless Networks with Node Cooperative Behavior
- NSF: Acquisition of COMET, A Cognitive RadiO Multimedia NEtwork Testbed for Multimedia Communication Research and Education
- DOT: Data Collection via CRS&SI Technology to Determine when to Impose SLR. Funded by U.S. Federal Department of Transportation
M. S. Mahmud*,H. Wang, E. E. Alam, and H. Fang (2017).
A wireless health monitoring system using mobile phone accessories
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 4, 2009–2018.
Z. Li*, H. Wang, and H. Fang (2017).
Group-based cooperation on symmetric key generation for wireless body area networks
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 4, 1955–1963.
Jingfang Huang, Honggang Wang, Yi Qian (2017).
Game User-Oriented Multimedia Transmission Over Cognitive Radio Networks
IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technology., 27, 198-208.
Honggang Wang received his B.E. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering from Southwest Jiaotong University, China, in 1996 and 2001, respectively. He worked for Bell Labs Lucent Technologies China from 2001 to 2004 as a member of Technical Staff I. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2009. His research interests include networking, wireless sensor networks, multimedia communication, network and information security, software engineering and programming, embedded sensory system, biomedical computing, and pattern recognition. He has published more than 30 papers in his research areas and won the Best Paper Award of 2008 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). He serves as an Associate Editor of Wiley's Security and Communication Networks (SCN) Journal, the TPC member for IEEE Globecom 2010, IEEE WiMob 2008, 2009 and a Co-chair of IWCMC 2010 multimedia over wireless symposium.