Scott Field, PhD
Liberal Arts 394C
|2006||University of Rochester||BS|
- Data Science BS, BS/MS
- Master's in Data Science MS
- Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Engineering and Applied Science PhD
- Mathematics BA, BS
Application of knowledge discovery and data mining tools and techniques to large data repositories or data streams. This project-based capstone course provides students with a framework in which students gain both understanding and insight into the application of knowledge discovery tools and principles on data within the student's cognate area. This course is intended for data science majors only.
Written presentation of an original research topic in Data Science which demonstrates the knowledge & capability to conduct independent research. The thesis shall be completed under the supervision of a faculty advisor. An oral examination in defense is required.
- $650,000 Implementation of a Contextualized Computing Pedagogy in STEM Core Courses and Its Impact on Undergraduate Student Academic Success, Retention, and Graduation
- gravitational wave data science
- discontinuous Galerkin methods
- Large-scale Scientific Computation
- computational general relativity and fluid dynamics
- Numerical Analysis