We’re seeking out qualified student leaders to build our dynamic team of Resident Assistants for the 2021-2022 academic year! Please read below carefully to learn more about the position and what you should expect to do in the recruitment process.
What is a Resident Assistant (RA)?
RAs represent Housing & Residential Education as key staff members in its day-to-day operations. As an RA, you’ll live in one of our residence halls and assist students with the transition to campus life. RAs have a variety of responsibilities and must be able to balance a multitude of roles including mentoring, building relationships, helping to solve problems, assisting in emergency situations, and supporting student academic success. Plus, you get to make some great friends along the way! A more complete Job Description can be found here!
Requirements upon Employment:
· Minimum 2.4 cumulative GPA
· Have no significant Code of Conduct violations (no current status above a warning)
· Be enrolled as a full-time student at UMD at the time of employment (at least 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students)
· Complete one full academic semester at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth by January 1, 2021, including prior enrollment at the University.
Benefits and Compensation:
· Housing in your assigned area, with the full cost covered through a waiver
· A board allowance (meal plan) based on completed credit hours, cost covered through a waiver
· Each RA is paid for four hours of their RA Lead duty responsibilities each full month of the academic year (September, October, November, February, March, April)
· Ability to register for classes early
So how do you apply?
· Complete the Informational Session Course to learn more about the position, requirements, and if it might be a good fit for you. (Optional Q&A sessions will also be held in January for those who still have questions!)
· Complete Digital Application by Friday, January 22nd, 2021 at noon. This link will be sent to you upon completion of the Info Session Course.
· Candidates who meet all requirements will receive an invite (after the application deadline) to sign up for an individual interview through Zoom:
o Available appointment times for Individual Interviews will be Monday, February 1st – Friday, February 12th
· Candidates will be notified by email of hire status on Monday, March 1st, 2021.
Step one: Complete the Information Session Course
· ENROLL HERE FOR THE INFORMATION SESSION COURSE! Please note there are two options through that link - one for returning RAs, and one for new applicants who have never been an RA on campus before. Please select the correct option :)
· Please complete all modules included in the course. Please keep in mind you will need time to complete the application (after this course!) by the deadline of January 22nd.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask your Resident Director, LEAD Coordinator, or an RA in your area!