Interested in Applying?
Residential Education is seeking qualified student leaders to build our dynamic team of Resident Assistants for the remainder of the 2022-2023 academic year! Please read below carefully to learn more about the position and what you should expect to do in the recruitment process.
What is a Resident Assistant (RA)?
RAs represent Housing & Residential Education as key staff members in its day-to-day operations. As an RA, you’ll live in one of our residence halls and assist students with the transition to campus life. RAs have a variety of responsibilities and must be able to balance a multitude of roles including mentoring, building relationships, helping to solve problems, assisting in emergency situations, and supporting student academic success. Plus, you get to make some great friends along the way! A more complete Job Description can be found here!
Requirements upon Employment:
· Minimum 2.4 cumulative GPA
· Have no significant Code of Conduct violations (no current status above a warning)
· Be enrolled as a full-time student at UMD at the time of employment (at least 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students)
· Complete one full academic semester at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth by January 18, 2022, including prior enrollment at the University.
Benefits and Compensation:
· Housing in your assigned area, with the full cost covered through a waiver
· A board allowance (meal plan) based on completed credit hours, cost covered through a waiver
· Each RA is paid for four hours of their RA Lead duty responsibilities each full month of the academic year (September, October, November, February, March, April)
· Ability to register for classes early
So how do you apply for current RA openings?
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are closed.