Join the Housing team - apply to be a Resident Assistant!
Help build a great community! Become an RA! Housing and Residential Education will begin our recruitment process for the 2019-2020 RA staff with information sessions across campus. All those interested in pursuing this exciting student employment opportunity must attend one of the informational sessions to learn more about the position.
More Information Sessions Added!!!
- November 27th – Elmwood ACT Room- 8pm
- November 29th- Oak Glen Milti Purpose Room- 4pm
- November 29th- Elmwood ACT Room- 8pm
- December 3rd- Maple Ridge Dive- 6pm
- December 4th- Campus Center Conference Room- 12pm
- December 4th- Birch Grille- 8pm
All you need to do to prepare for the info session is show up AND bring any questions you may have pertaining to the position or the application process with you. Residential Education staff will be present to answer your questions. We look forward to meeting you soon!
What is a Resident Assistant (RA)?
RAs represent Housing & Residential Education as key staff members in its day-to-day operations. As an RA, you’ll live in one of our residence halls and assist students with the transition to campus life. RAs have diverse responsibilities and must be able to balance several multidimensional roles, including active planner, helper, advisor, resource person, administrator and role model.
- Attend one information session
- Complete Application through Student Housing Portal by December 14th by noon.
- Participate in Group Process Day (Early February)
- Attend Individual Interview (Monday February 4th-8th 2019)
Requirements upon Employment:
- Minimum 2.4 cumulative GPA
- Have no significant Code of Conduct violations
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UMD at the time of employment (at least 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students)
- Complete one full academic semester at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth by January 1, 2019 including prior enrollment at the University.
Online RA application:
- Log in to the UMassD portal at http://my.umassd.edu
- Click the "Student Resources" tab
- Click "Student Housing Information Portal (SHIP)
- Click through to where you have "Employment Opportunities" as an option and follow the instructions there. Good luck!