Skip to main content.

All students who have signed a housing contract are subject to the Terms and Conditions which state that "the contract is enforceable for the entire academic year (both semesters)."

Per the contract Terms and Conditions, the University commits to the student a residence hall space and denies other students on-campus housing based upon the signed contract.

Students wishing to: 

  • Request a Housing/Dining Contract Release
  • Appeal Administrative Billing (damages, Intersession housing, improper check-out, key/lock replacement)
  • Appeal Full Time Student Status

should do as follows:

  1. Read Housing terms and conditions. This describes criteria that are considered for a contract release.
    • Complete and submit the Contract Release Request through the Student Housing Info Portal (StarRez)
  2. If you’re requesting to appeal administrative billing or full time student status please fill out this form, Standard Appeal Form (PDF)


Deliver all relevant documentation for a damage appeal or full time student status to the Main Housing Office at Oak Glen Hall.


You can mail scanned pdf documentation to
UMass Dartmouth Director of Housing and Residential Life
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA. 02747


You may e-mail completed documentation to


You may fax completed documentation to 774.929.3024


Visit us virtually

Visit us from anywhere, at any time.
Take a virtual tour of the UMass Dartmouth campus.