Internal Forms (required to sign & date)
- Notify SPA Pre-award Manager assigned to your department about the upcoming proposal ASAP
- Notification of 3-5 business days is recommended
- Institutional Facts & Rates
External Forms & Requirements
- Proposal Development Guidelines
- Data Management Plan (DMP) DMPTool
- Proposals with sub-awards: for each sub-awardee on a project PI should submit to SPA the following
- Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Scope of work
- Budget Justification
- F&A Rate Agreement, if applicable
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Other federal agencies
Budget Justification Templates
- Agency specific
Institutional Facts and Rates (F&A, Fringe Benefits Rates, Etc.)
Submit Proposal to SPA 3 to 5 business days prior to submission deadline.
- Proposal completion checklist (will be provided at a later date)
Communicate with SPA Pre-award Manager assigned to your department to address questions and make recommended changes.
Electronic Submission Systems
- Cayuse 424 (system-to-system tool)
- FastLane (NSF)
- Other online portals:
Paper & E-mail Submissions
- Coordinate proposal submission with SPA Pre-award Manager assigned to your department
This section of the website provides:
- step-by-step webpages explaining the process for proposal development & submission
- useful templates & guides
- describes what you will need to do.
You may want to use this in combination with the visual Current Proposal & Award Management Process Workflow (Pre-award) diagram.
For assistance please contact: Pre-award Manager assigned to your department.
The Pre-award group assists university faculty and staff with:
- proposal development and submission
- ensuring that UMass Dartmouth is in compliance with sponsor, state, and university requirements.