SPA staff believes that it is essential to provide researchers with resources and tools to make them successful in the research enterprise.
Pre & Post-award staff at SPA are available to meet with faculty and staff to discuss topics such as award terms and conditions, allowability, payroll and cost transfers, re-budgets and any other pre and/or post-award related topics as needed. If you would like to set up a meeting at SPA or prefer to have SPA pre and/or post-award staff come visit you to discuss any pre or post-award matters, please contact relevant members of the SPA team to schedule an appointment.
Newly Revised NSF Proposals & Award Policies & Procedures Guide
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 18-1) has been issued.
The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018. Significant changes include:
- Addition of a new eligibility subcategory on international branch campuses of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education;
- Revision of eligibility standards for foreign organizations;
- Implementation of the standard Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) template that has been in pilot phase since April;
- Increase in the Budget Justification page limitation from three pages to five pages;
- Restructuring of coverage on grantee notifications to and requests for approval from NSF, including referral to the Prior Approval Matrix available on the NSF website; and
- Numerous clarifications and other changes throughout the document.
You are encouraged to review the by-chapter summary of changes provided in the Introduction section of the PAPPG.
A webinar to brief the community on the new PAPPG will be held on December 8 at 2 PM EST. Sign up to be notified when registration is available on the outreach notifications website, by selecting “All NSF Grants and Policy Outreach Events & Notifications.”
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 29, 2018, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 17-1) continue to apply.