University of Massachusetts Policies
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is one of five campuses of University of Massachusetts system. As such, the campus is governed by a set of policies and standards that apply system-wide as adopted by the University Board of Trustees. The policies listed below are those related to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy (PDF)
*Please note that as of August 14, 2020, in accordance with Title IX as published in Part 106 of Title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations, sexual harassment is defined as conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following: (i) an employee of the University conditioning the provision of aid, benefit, or service of the University on an individual’s participation in unwelcome sexual conduct; (ii) Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that effectively denies a person equal access to the University’s education program or activity; or (iii) “Sexual assault” as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1092(f)(6)(A)(v), “dating violence” as defined in 34 U.S.C. 12291(a)(10), “domestic violence” as defined in 34 U.S.C. 1229(a)(8); or “stalking” as defined in 34 U.S.C. 12291(a)(30), as amended.
- Principles of Employee Conduct (PDF)
- Statement in Support of Pluralism (PDF)
- Policy Against Intolerance (PDF)
UMass Dartmouth Policies and Procedures
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Complaint Procedure (PDF)
- Student Conduct Policies and Procedures
- Title IX Grievance Procedure
- Sexual Misconduct Grievance Procedure (Non-Title IX) (PDF)
- Sexual Misconduct Grievance Procedure Flow Chart (PDF)