If you are a residence hall student, first check with your Resident Assistant (RA). If you need immediate attention, your RA will call the Campus Police. The Campus Police will call an ambulance. Emergency medical staff will evaluate and/or transport you,usually to to St. Luke's Hospital, located in New Bedford, MA.
Don't call an ambulance yourself. Campus police need to meet the ambulance at the entrance to direct the driver to the right location.
To call campus police from your cell phone: 508.999.9191. From an on-campus phone: 9191.
If you live off-campus, your local emergency resources are:
- St. Luke's Hospital, 101 Page Street, New Bedford, MA, 02740 (508) 99-71515
- Charlton Memorial Hospita, 363 Highland Avenue, Fall River, MA, 02720 (508) 679-3131
- St. Anne's Hospital, 795 Middle Street, Fall Riveer, MA, 02721 (508) 974-5600
If your problem does not require immediate attention:
- Please contact Student Health Services at 508 999-8982 once it is open to set up an appointment, or log into the patient portal to make one yourself.
- Call the RN telephone advice service at (508) 815-4588. if you are not sure about the severity of your illness, the nurse can tell you whether you can wait until Student Health Services is open or should be seen off-campus sooner.
- Ill or injured students requiring transportation to/from an urgent care center or emergency department (who do not require an ambulance), may obtain a taxi voucher at Student Health Services during office hours or from UMassD Police, 24/7.
You may also want to consult an off-campus non-emergency resource. Call to confirm hours of operation.
Southcoast Urgent Care Center (North Dartmouth)
435 State Road Unit F (Route 6 next to Starbucks) This is the closest urgent care center to UMass Dartmouth.
508 990-2900 hours Monday-Friday 8 AM-8 PM Saturday/Sunday 9 AM-5 PM
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
Hawthorn Medical Urgent Care Center
531 Faunce Corner Road N Dartmouth, MA
508.996-3991 hours Monday-Friday 7AM-7PM Saturday/ Sunday 8AM-4PM