Final exams begin December 11. If you wish to take a final exam in the CAS Testing Center, you must schedule ten business days in advance.
Attention Students! Feeling overwhelmed? Could you use some extra support? Make an appointment with a graduate assistant! These meetings will help you build the skills you need to be successful. They will tailor these meetings to your personal needs and work with you to keep you on track. Unlike the tutors available in the various academic centers, this program is designed to establish a foundation for your hard-work and ability by covering mixed topics such as time management tips for effective studying, organizational skills, how to reduce stress, improving memory skills, and much more. Contact CAS for more information and to schedule an appointment: 508-999-8711.
- Catch yourself when you're engaging in unproductive tasks and STOP as soon as possible.
- Go back to your to-do list and move on to the next task. If necessary, complete one of the smaller items to get yourself back on track and focused.
- Have others keep you accountable - let your roommate know what your plan is for the next hour and have them redirect you if you become distracted. Only try this with positive supports!
- Try chunking tasks into more manageable items. It may be that you've planned for too much at once and have become overwhelmed.
- Focus on the immediate task and project, and build up from there. Each project begins with one step.
- Ask yourself whyyou are procrastinating:
◦ Is it that you do not understand what is expected of you? If so, scheduling a time to meet with your professor may be helpful.
◦ Are other stressors or emotions clouding your thinking? Meet with someone in the counseling center, or open up to a friend to help problem-solve and refocus your mind.
◦ Are the proper tools or environment available? Seek out what you are able to change and take action: find a new study spot or purchase a 3-ring binder to organize materials.
- Remind yourself of your goals and visualize achieving those goals. Aiming for an A in Finance? Picture your personal satisfaction after receiving the grade, or picture yourself working in a dream job related to the class.
- Always remember campus resources: the Center for Access and Success is always available for support and advice, and graduate students are available for individual meetings.