Welcome back everyone!! We hope you all got some much needed rest and relaxation over the break, however, it’s already time to return for the spring semester! Before jumping in, we wanted to remind you of some helpful tips and tricks to start off the semester on the right track!
Below are tips to help you manage your time:
- Prepare and use a planner. A calendar and/or planner will help you monitor where you are spending time and what assignments you may have coming up. Obtain a course syllabus from each of your instructors. Taking the time early in the semester to write down any due dates for tests, assignments, papers, and projects will help you visualize how busy each day, week, or month is and allow you to plan your time better.
- Devote at least 10 minutes a day to planning. Look ahead in your planner to see what activities or projects are scheduled for the next few days or weeks. A daily review allows you to make schedule adjustments and prepare mentally, physically, and emotionally for the demands on your time.
- Write out a priority task list - “To Do” list. A “To Do” list is a daily or weekly list that identifies what specific tasks you must accomplish to reach the goals you have set for yourself. It serves as a visual reminder and helps you to prioritize your tasks.
- Keeping to a schedule does not always come naturally to people. It is the development of the habit of referring to the schedule and following it. This can take some practice so don’t get discouraged if it takes a couple of weeks to get used to!
- Don’t forget to make time for yourself! Self-care is very important and the only one who can do that is you! Make the time to eat well, sleep enough, and have some time to relax! Yes, studying and learning are important but staying healthy and happy is just as important!